- We only collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it on the CEEF Site.
- We do not sell, share or exchange your personal information with non-affiliated third parties.
Information We Collect
We collect only information that is reasonably necessary to facilitate and optimize the Site and the activities available on them.
Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily
You may be asked to provide some personally identifiably information to participate in some activities on the Site. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us, you can choose not to submit your information. However, this may prevent your participation in these activities. This may include, but are not limited to:
- Making a donation or purchase. We will ask you to provide the necessary information to process and service your donation or sponsorship. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing and mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and payment information. This information is encrypted for your security. This data is stored and processed by a third-party service provider (currently Stripe).
- Becoming a volunteer. We will ask you to provide the necessary information to sign up to become a volunteer for CEEF. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. We use this information to contact you regarding volunteer opportunities and information.
- Subscribing to a newsletter. You may receive optional newsletter communications from CEEF by signing up on the Site, at events, entering contests, or becoming a donor, sponsor or volunteer. If you opted to receive a particular newsletter, you may always unsubscribe later if you decide not to receive further mailings from us. Your e-mail address and associated data is stored and processed by third-party service providers.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the CEEF Site, we may also collect and store certain non-personally identifiable information automatically through the website’s standard server logs. This information helps us personalize and maximize the online experience you and other visitors have with the Site. This allows us to measure analytics, manage, and improve the services available on the Site. This information does not identify you personally and may include but is not limited to: date and time of visit, IP address, browser type, operating system time, the referring Site, type of device you used, and a general geographic area from which you’re accessing it from.
- Cookies and web beacons. In order to provide optimal services and convenience we may use common Site tracking technologies, including cookies, pixels, and tags. These are temporary bits of code placed in your web browser that allows CEEF to track how you use the Site and facilitates communication when you browse the Site and store your preferences. No personal information is ever stored in a CEEF cookie, even if you have entered your name or email address on other parts of the Site. You can set your browser to detect some cookies, to stop accepting cookies, or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. To learn more about browser cookies, including how to manage or delete them, look in the Tools, Help, or similar section of your web browser, or visit org. By using our Site, you agree to the use of these tracking technologies.
- Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some web browsers may transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser, and we do not obligate our third party partners to change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
How we use your information
We may use and disclose your personal information and public information available on our site as described above and as follows:
- To operate our Site and provide our services to you or to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide the information;
- To respond to your requests or questions or notify you about changes to the Site;
- To allow our third parties to provide Site features and to perform services on our behalf, for example, with our fulfillment and service vendors, referral tracking services, payment processors, and site analytics tools such as Google Analytics;
- To investigate a suspected violation of our Terms and Conditions, suspected fraud, or other unlawful activity;
- As we believe may be required by law or by a court order;
- With any successor to all or part of our business or as part of a transaction in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, change of control, or liquidation of CEEF or part of its business (or in anticipation of such an event);
- With your consent or as we may describe to you when you provide the information; and
- As permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Information we share with third parties
In some circumstances, we may share information we collect from you with authorized third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to provide and improve the Site, live content feeds, e-mailing, donorship and volunteer processing.
Third Party LINKS, WEBSites and Services
This Site may contain links to other sites. CEEF is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Sites linked from CEEF’s Site, nor does linking to other websites indicate any endorsements of the site or the products or information provided on such sites. By clicking on a third party link, you may leave the CEEF Site. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by CEEF.
FINANCIAL donations, sponsorships and Purchases
When you make donations, provide sponsorships and/or purchase products through our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including your contact details (such as your name, address, telephone and email), and your billing information (such as your credit card number and the date that your card expires).
If you choose to donate through a participating School Non-Profit organization Site page, your name and the donation amount will be shared with the participating School Non-Profit organization.
The School Non-Profit organization may also request for you to voluntarily provide information regarding parental/guardian name(s), student name(s), grade, and classroom, and/or the teacher name.
Privacy of Children
We are pleased when youth visit our Site to learn more about CEEF and any participating School Non-Profit organization to learn more about the programs and activities offered at their school. However, our Site is not intended for children under 13 in any capacity or for children under 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13.
If we discover that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental or guardianship consent, we will remove that information as soon as possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child (who is under the age of 13) has provided information without parental or guardianship consent, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon your request, we will delete such information from the Site and files within a reasonable time period. These practices are in place to ensure child privacy and safety, and in compliance with prevailing federal laws.
CONSENT AND Geographic Restrictions
CEEF is based in the State of California in the United States. The Site is directed at persons located in the United States, and we provide the Site for use only by persons residing in the United States. Access to the Site is not intended for use by persons located outside of the United States. By using the Site, you affirm that you reside in the United States, and you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, pursuant to the laws of the United States, and the State of California. CEEF does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information of European Union residents.
COMMITMENT TO DATA Security; storage of information
CEEF takes precautions to host and maintain a secure website and to safeguard data from unauthorized use. We undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help restrict web access to or inappropriate use of sensitive data.
CEEF stores your information using reasonable security precautions and for only as long as we think reasonably necessary. We will retain user information for as long as needed to provide our services, comply with our contractual or legal obligations, audit requirements, resolve disputes, and prevent abuse. We also retain deidentified, aggregate information about activity related to projects submitted and funded on our Site, to understand and gain insights into how schools are being supported through our Site.
We make every effort to ensure that all of the transactions that occur on the Site are secure. Payment information is submitted using industry standards for information security. Personal information that you submit with your donation or sponsorship is also encrypted. However, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. It may be possible for third parties to unlawfully intercept transmissions.
We protect our database by means of various technical and procedural measures, and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We share your donor information only with the participating School Non-profit organizations for which you make a donation or purchase. These School Non-profit organizations are required to comply with confidentiality requirements and use any optional personal information you supply (e.g., Student Name, Grade, Classroom, Teacher) in the same manner as if you provided this same information on one of their paper forms, for membership purposes only.
How You Can Access and Adjust Your Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. You also have the right to request corrections, amendments, and deletions of any of your personal information in our possession, including information you may have provided to us as part of a project submission. To make these changes or cancel your account, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Anti-Spam Policy and Your Opt-Out Rights
We are committed to permission-based communication and preventing the spread of spam or other forms of unsolicited emails. If you have received an email in error, you may unsubscribe at any time through links provided in our emails or remove your information from our database by requesting to unsubscribe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in California, the following additional rights apply to you.
Right to Know
You may have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, to see the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
California law gives you the right to ask if we disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (we do not disclose your personal information for others’ direct marketing purposes). It also gives you the right to ask if we sell your personal information to third parties (we do not sell your personal information and have not done so in the past), and if we did (which we don’t), you’d have the right to opt out of such sales.
Right of Deletion
You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to exceptions the law provides). Please note that you may no longer be able to use our Site if you delete your personal information.
Right of Non-Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against if you exercise these privacy rights. We will not discriminate against you, deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf as permitted under law, though before we process that request, we will require that you provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and verify your identity directly with us.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Changes to this policy
Updated October 18, 2021